In 2006, Scientified Certification Systems (SCS) granted SalvaNATURA the approval as a Verifier Agency for the program Starbucks’s Coffee And Farmer Equity (C.A.F.E.) Practices.
SCS is a company hired by Starbucks Coffee Company to ensure the quality of the audits and the reports that are made for C.A.F.E. Practices, on behalf of the verifier. SalvaNATURA is the approved verifying agent that offers this service in El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.
The General Guidelines for Evaluation of C.A.F.E. Practices are a set of environmental, social and economic criteria that the auditors of our Foundation must evaluate managing coffee farms. Through this program, Starbucks stores around the world, acquire responsibly produced high-quality coffee.
Just like SalvaNATURA, Starbucks believes that coffee can and should be produced and commercialized in ways that generate economic and social improvements, and simultaneously protect the environment. The producer who meets these criteria can sell their coffee at better prices and have access to markets that do business in the long term!
Would you like your coffee production to be recognized and rewarded by Starbucks’s C.A.F.E. Practices?
1. Contact the Sustainable Certification staff in SalvaNATURA and receive guidance on this service.
2. The producer contacts the Starbucks’s C.A.F.E. Practices staff.
3. Starbucks tests the quality of the coffee. To do so, the producer must submit a sample of his coffee.
4. If the sample meets Starbucks’s quality requirements, the producer receives a code and is subject to the verification criteria. This verification is performed by SalvaNATURA and backed by Starbucks.
5. If the estate or farm meets the criteria, the producer receives a cash award that varies according to the points made in the verification of the auditors.
Phone: (503) 2202-1501